[K12OSN] SchoolTool Installation/Possible Inclusion with K12LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Mar 17 04:09:16 UTC 2005

> Actually, SchoolTool 0.x didn't do a heck of a lot beyond calendar
> and schedule related functionality anyhow.  After SchoolTool
> Calendar later in the spring, we're shooting for a September release
> of SchoolTool 1.0, which will include more student information
> system functionality, and then a full SchoolTool SIS release in
> about a year.

That answers a lot of question for me.  I thought the scope looked like it
included a lot more than the release let off.

I am glad you are taking a more controlled approach to development.  This type
of software is very important to schools and to have a strong base will go
far.  I will eagerly await the SchoolTool 1.0 version to demo, I hope you post
here with betas to test in the meantime.

Eric, thanks for the work to get this included in K12LTSP.  It definitely is
one of the big software chunks left to move from a Windows or Mac system.
This will be a big step.