[K12OSN] TeacherTool error for "Run VNC" Command

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Mar 17 04:14:11 UTC 2005

> if you are using my Teach2.py it relies on the -via cmd which is
> good only in tightvnc..also be sure disable_access_control = Y in
> lts.conf..i even hard code in screen.d/startx to be SURE access
> control is off havnt got one in front of me but "-ac" rings a bell

Chuck, he is using the TeacherTool version bundled with K12LTSP 4.2.  Do you
have any quick instructions for installing your Teach2.py and where to get it
from?

I saw some posts from the original TeacherTool developer here a few weeks ago
and some talk about him taking this project back up.  Anyone here any more
from him on this?  I hope development of this progresses, very handy tool.

Eric, any possibility you could extract Chuck's version from him to include
with K12 instead of the current one?  The use of the VNC control feature would
be very handy.