[K12OSN] Sound working on thinkpad 570E with LTSP4.2

Ascension Tech ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:23:15 UTC 2005

Hey Folks,
I was in a bind because the Wireless_ltsp (3.05 version) was looking
for drivers compiled with kernel 2.4.19-ltsp-1 but my version of
LTSP4.2 is using 2.4.26-ltsp-2.  So even though I was able to boot
with my PCMCIA ethernet card, I had no sound. So I just dowloaded the
ltsp_kernel-3.0.5-i386 from sourceforge and put the 2.4.19-ltsp-1
folder in /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules and voila the cs46xx sound
driverworks fine!  I'm glad because remastering the wireless_ltsp
floppy is beyond me right now.  If there is any inherent danger in
doing what I'm doing, will somone say so?  Hope this helps someone.

Peter