[K12OSN] Samba/CUPS odd behaviour

Petar Dimitrijevic perodim at on.net.mk
Fri Mar 18 12:29:10 UTC 2005

Hi to all,

I've installed Samsung ML1210 as samba shared printer on the LTSP
server. I've had a lot of problems until I found that in order to print
from Windows ws you have  to enable the raw printing options is
/etc/cups/mime.types and /etc/cups/mime.conv. However every time the
server is restarted the setting in mime.conv is getting commented out
nad I have to manually edit the file. Anyone had similar problems ?

There is also this issue with the HP1200 printer. The LTSP server is
KLTSP 4.1.0. When document is written in OO 1.1.3 let's say with Times
New Roman font everything looks ok on the screen. But when the document
is printed out the font is substituted with some other font. Anoybody
knows what the problem could be ?

Best regards,
Petar Dimitrijevic