[K12OSN] Speed of the LAN card

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Mar 19 14:54:57 UTC 2005

It's probably 100/Full, since autonegotiation is actually an OSI Layer 2
function, independent of the OS device driver, though the device driver
usually can and does allow it to be set manually.  Here's a quick 'n'
dirty test.  Try firing up TuxType and playing a bit.  If it's slow as
molasses, you're probably running at 10Mb half duplex.  If it plays
normally, you're probably running at 100Mb full duplex.  TuxType can
suck up 73Mb in one direction at 1024x768x16777216.  TuxMath should be
fairly similar if you don't have TuxType handy.

--TP