[ok-mail] [K12OSN] pam_mount

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Sat Mar 19 16:11:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 15:11, Nathan Sinton wrote:
> I'm having a problem with pam_mount.  I've got a linux box logging
> into my Win 2003 domain but I want to have the user's home directories
> mounted/unmounted automatically.  I installed pam_mount using yum and
> have it configured like this:
>
> /etc/security/pam_mount.conf
>
> debug 1
> mkmountpoint 1
> options_require         nosuid,nodev
> lsof                    /usr/sbin/lsof
> fsck                    /sbin/fsck
> losetup                 /sbin/losetup
> unlosetup               /sbin/losetup -d
> smbmount                /bin/mount -t cifs
> umount                  /usr/bin/smbumount
> volume * smb raid & /u/&
> uid=&,gid=&,dmask=0777,nodev,suid,workgroup=LCHSCOMPLAB - -

Nathan,
First off, is -t cifs correct? for my smbmount command I have -t smbfs. If
that's not the problem, I would try two things. First try running the mount
command from a terminal and check what errors you get. Then try simplifying
the options on your pam_mount command line and see if it works, then add
additional options one at a time.

One other item, my pam auth file is simplier, I don't think you need the
'use_first_pass' on the pam_mount lines. Here is what I am using:

auth	   required     pam_env.so
auth       required	pam_mount.so
auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth-winbind
auth       required	pam_nologin.so

account    required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth-winbind

password   required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth-winbind

session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0077
session    optional     pam_console.so
session    optional     pam_mount.so

Hope this helps

--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)