[K12OSN] K12LTSP and VNC

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 22:28:57 UTC 2005

If you installed K12ltsp, vnc is already running, and you just need a
free client (realvnc.com can get you one) and you are ready to go.  As
long as you aren't blocking any ports between you and the library,
just put in the eth1 address when the vnc client comes up, and you
should be able to log right in.

I only answered your query, instead of letting the real experts take
it, because I think most everyone must be on spring break. The list is
oh so quiet....

Steve

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:57:23 -1000, Byron Kapali <bklinux at verizon.net> wrote:
> Aloha All,
> Im an new to the K12LTSP revolution but I am very familiar with VNC.  I
> setup a mini K12LTSP lab in my library  with thin clients running out of
> eth1 and my internet connection out of eth0.  The problem I am having is
> that I have to run down to the library to everytime I want to do updates or
> just modify a few things on the K12LTSP server.  Is there a way to setup VNC
> server on K12LTSP such that I can login from my room and not have to run
> down to the library?  I can ping server's eth0 port so I'm assuming that I
> can establish a  VNC connection.  Any suggestions?
>
> Byron Kapali
> Hilo High School

Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct