[K12OSN] some apt package build errors (still)

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Mar 21 01:41:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 11:48 -0800, Eric Harrison wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:
>>
>>> A few weeks ago I reported some errors with apt that were partly
>>> answered and fixed at the time (primarily my own clumsy ignorance at the
>>> time).  However, I have two errors that were present in my first report
>>> and which have persisted through three instances of 'apt-get dist-
>>> upgrade', each spaced about a week apart.  I'm no closer to seeing a
>>> solution to these, so if anyone can shed light on why I keep getting
>>> these errors when apt tries to install upgrades:
>>>

>>> raidtools              ###########################################
>>> [ 15%]
>>> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /sbin/mkraid: cpio:
>>> lsetfilecon failed - Invalid argument
>>
>> I googled for "lsetfilecon failed" and it appears to be related to
>> SELinux. Just for kicks, can you use yum and/or up2date and see if the
>> error goes away?
>>
>>  	up2date -i raidtools
>>  	yum install raidtools
>
> Thanks, Eric but I got this result from each update tool:
>
> ---------------------
> yum install raidtools
> No Match for argument: raidtools
> Nothing to do
>
> 	&
> up2date -i raidtools
> The following packages you requested were not found:
> raidtools
> ---------------------
>
> I'm using the standard k12 list of repos.  Nevermind, I don't have raid
> set up on this server anyway :-(
> ---------------------

What version are you running? "raidtools" is not included in K12LTSP 4.2.x,
but it is not removed when upgrading from older versions. If you upgraded
from an earlier version to 4.2.0, and you don't use RAID, you might
want to just "rpm -e raidtools".

>>> gimp                   ###########################################
>>> [ 54%]
>>> File '/usr/share/applications/fedora-scribus.desktop' contains invalid
>>> MIME type 'scd,scd.gz,sla,sla.gz' that contains invalid characters
>>
>> This is an annoyance in the scribus package. Since it has not been fixed
>> up-stream, I'll probably patch it for K12LTSP.
>>
>> -Eric
>
> look forward to it being available :-)

Hopefully soon. I'm heading into "spring break", which means I'll be
insanely busy trying to get stuff done at work while everyone else is
taking the week off ;-)

-Eric