[K12OSN] universal etherboot iso?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Mar 21 20:02:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:46, David H. Barr wrote:

> > image to start with.  What's an eb2hd?   The reason I need this is
>
> [snip]
>
> > I want to be able to load other things on the HD.
>
> Etherboot to (2) Hard Disk: http://etherboot.anadex.de/  It's what I used
> to set up my 5-station test lab.  I downloaded the floppy image, then used
> Nero to burn a bootable CD of it.

That worked in terms of k3b accepting it as a boot image and making a
bootable iso.  However, it wants to install a copy on the HD and all I
want to do is netboot directly WDXB2500JBRNNfrom the iso.  I think the
difference is that the eb2hd floppy image uses freedos/syslinux to boot
where the floppy I want to use is just like an etherboot ROM image with
no separate loader - and k3b (etc) doesn't like it.  I guess I need
the etherboot image in a .com file format with a dos framework and
autoexec.bat to load it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com