[K12OSN] lts.conf query

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue Mar 22 20:32:38 UTC 2005

Jim McQuillan wrote:

> Makes me wonder what source code you are looking at.  I wrote getltscfg
> in C.
> And, btw,  [ws120 - ws129] is unfortunately NOT valid.
>
> What you could do, is setup something like this:
>

> [DellGX1]
>    XSERVER = sis
>
> [HPVectra]
>    XSERVER = ati
>
> [ws120] LIKE = DellGX1
> [ws121] LIKE = DellGX1
> [ws122] LIKE = DellGX1
> [ws123] LIKE = DellGX1
> [ws130] LIKE = HPVectra
> [ws131] LIKE = HPVectra
> [ws131] LIKE = HPVectra
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> Jim McQuillan
> jam at Ltsp.org

Jim, is there any merit in a new-improved version that will allow for
'batching' like-configured-hardware together?

I have 10 of 1 type of thin client, and I have 10 of the same hardware
configuration of old PII's...and who knows what will come about next
year!(hopefully just more of the thin clients).

Just hoping for something like:

scilab = ws100,ws101,ws102,ws103

artlab = ws110,ws111,ws112,ws113

[scilab]
XSERVER = ati

[artlab]
XSERVER = sis

(then again using wsXXX, might be less bulletproof than MAC address and
that's a valid arg as well)

Just a thought, not a real programmer so don't know much about all that
feathers together.

Thanks for the quick fixes though!

--Huck