[K12OSN] Help - possible hacking of our NFS/NIS LTSP server

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Tue Mar 22 23:34:51 UTC 2005

thanks
I have shut them down remotely until I can get to school and try some of
these t hings.

my root passwords are pretty good, at least letters and numbers.  Is it
possible to install anything via any other accounts?  I am also going to
(while unplugged from network) compare this LTSP server and another client
server and see if I notice obvious processes which are different.  Just
trying to figure out what has been done.

thanks

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting