[K12OSN] Help - possible hacking of our NFS/NIS LTSP server

cliebow at downeast.net cliebow at downeast.net
Tue Mar 22 23:58:37 UTC 2005

this is a script kiddie attack which we captured at cave hill.it was run
entirely as a non priviledegd acct and after three weeks see no evidence of
any attempt to gain root..if you have accts like arthur jane pam with
trivial pw look at the bash_history as that at least in our case was
intact..look at your var log messges from the ime this happened and you
will see a successful login for a trivial acct..chuck