[K12OSN] Managing usernames and passwords across 6 K12LTSP servers (NEWBIE)

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 21:00:27 UTC 2005

You want to put in place the most scalable/versatile
solution possible without doing too much extra work.
If you just put in the LDAP server and don't configure
SAMBA, what happens if some day they get some windows
boxes? They can't be integrated into the Linux
environment that easy. So do the Samba/LDAP solution
and forget about Samba. Then if some windows PCs ever
show up, you'll be happy Samba is setup.

Chris

--- Henning Wangerin
<mailinglists-after-041101_reply-not-possible at hpc.dk>