[K12OSN] Mysterious server reboot - SOLVED!

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Thu Mar 24 15:30:13 UTC 2005

Occam's Razor:  The Education Technology Coordinator was the culprit.
We have  KVM setup w/ 2 Win2k servers and the Linux TS.  Well, I had
left the display on the Linux TS, and I think she did CTRL-ALT-DELETE
before she switched the display over to the Win2k server, which since
the Linux TS was in Text Virtual Console rebooted the server.  Speaking
of which, I'm going to disable that in /etc/inittab right now... EVIL
line!!!!

# Trap CTRL-ALT-DELETE
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now

Thanks for everyone's help!  I knew this was the place I could turn to!

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School
www.hhprep.org