[K12OSN] Managing usernames and passwords across 6 K12LTSP servers (NEWBIE

Nick Fenger nickfmail4-lists at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 01:21:20 UTC 2005

I cannot seem to use the accounts I created on the
ldap/samba server on other K12LTSP Servers. I am
wondering if I need to somehow get those servers to
join the domain/authenticate?

Here is where I stand:

*Server 1 10.0.1.112* (Linux Samba/LDAP/K12LTSP
Terminal Server) (using 2 net cards eth0,eth1)
I am able to add users, groups, machines etc... fine.
I can log in using those usernames and passwords on
the server and via my 5 thin clients ( attached to
eth0 192.168.0.1-254 )

*Server 2 10.0.1.113*  (Linux K12LTSP Terminal
Server)(using 2 net cards eth0,eth1)
I mounted the server 1's exported home directory (put
in fstab)
I configured the automounter (not totally sure I was
supposed to do this)
I verified the home directories were mounted but I
cannot log in as any of the ldap/samba users

*FYI: Windows Machine 10.0.1.114*
I can see my PDC in net neighborhood machine and
access files with user root and root pwd. I have not
tried to join the domain.

Questions:
Do I need to register/authenticate Server 2 with the
PDC somehow before this will work?

Do I need to add Server 2's machine name to the list o
f users like the howto shows for windows machines?

Final Question:
My net setup is a bit different than the one shown on:
http://technology.sau16.k12.nh.us/opnsrc/
My linux thin clients are not on the same net at the
servers as you have shown. They are all on eth0
subnets on K12LTSP Servers - Will this require a
different PDC confing?

Thanks in Advance for helping me learn to get this
going!

Nick