[K12OSN] Sound on terminals, Was: XKB Error

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Mar 29 03:59:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Dr. Daniel Loomis wrote:

> P.S. Is sound on clients now a lost cause with 4.2.0?  I had it working
> very well in 3.1.0, even using crossover plugin. None of the fixes
> listed on the Wiki pages have helped.

I don't see much happening in the area of sound. I've been trying
really hard to erect a "Somebody Else's Problem" field around sound,
but one of the schools I support has started to make quite a bit of
noise.

Perhaps this should be the "long thread of the day"...

If you have remote sound working:

  * are you using ESD or NASD?
  * what applications work, which don't?
  * did you have to make any changes from the default?
  * other tips and tricks?

-Eric