[K12OSN] Sound on terminals, Was: XKB Error

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 11:37:39 UTC 2005

On my Mandrake 10.1 system with ltsp on top, I am
using xmms successfully.  Mplayer locks up and has to
be killed, but I'm not sure if that's sound-related or
not.   Those are the only 2 sound apps I've tried.

I use esd and all I did was edit lts.conf to include
SOUND = Y and the proper driver for my ISA sound
board.  Of course, I had to select the esd sound
output in xmms.  Mplayer shows esd as an available
driver, but I can't tell how to select it (maybe
that's not necessary?)

My one-and-only thin client has a static IP address,
in case that matters.

-Rob

--- Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us>