[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.1 pre3, ready for production?

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:27:03 UTC 2005

I have a what I think is a 1st generation iMac (it's that funny blue
color).  I installed the latest version available at sunsite.utk.edu a
couple hours ago; yum update doesn't get any new ppc stuff.  I hold
down the N key and get a network boot.  Forgiving typos, this is what
the mac says:

/pci at 8000000000/mac-io at 10/ethernet::-1,yaboot.conf: Unknown or corrupt
filesystem
Can't open config file
Welcome to yaboot version 1.3.10
Enter"help" to get some basic usage information
boot:

then I have to power cycle to try again.

Any clues?  I've got a teacher at a Mac school who'll be psyched if I
can get this going.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:08:18 -0800 (PST), Eric Harrison
<eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> I updated several packages for the K12LTSP 4.2.1 pre-release:
>
> * dhcpd.conf & lts.conf changes to improve PPC client support
> * newer version of scribus
> * schoolbell included in the k12ltsp-education meta package
> * the fedora-extras repository is enabled by default
>
> All of the Macs I have availble for testing will now boot
> diskless "out-of-the-box", no configuration changes required.
>
> The only item left on my TODO list is incorporating the smbldap
> scripts. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend. If I don't,
> this will be included as an addon in the repository for this
> release.
>
> Please test this build out and let me know of any problems you
> encounter. If all goes well, this will be released as the
> offical 4.2.1 release in a couple of days.
>
> To upgrade a K12LTSP 4.2.0 server online, install the latest
> k12ltsp-release package and then run yum update:
>
>     rpm -Uhv ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1beta/updates/k12ltsp-release-4.2.1-5.noarch.rpm
>     yum update
>
> You can download the CD images from:
>
>     ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1beta/iso/
>     rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-pre/ .
>
> -Eric

Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville
Experimenting with gmail, please honor the Reply-To