[K12OSN] Release cycle too fast

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:23:18 UTC 2005

Since Sept 2003 when 3.1.2 was released we have had 4.0, 4.1 and now
4.2 and many sub releases to fix problems. That's RH9, FC1, FC2 and
FC3 in 1.5 years.

I think this is ridiculous for a server platform (even if it is a
desktop environ.)
Poor Eric H. is continually tracking and fixing bugs in new releases.

I think more effort should be put into making k12ltsp better
(SchoolBell, VNC Reflector/ Teachertool, smbldap, Moodle, local-apps,
Muekow etc..)  rather than releasing with the Fedora schedule.

Does anyone else agree with me???
BTW I run 3.1.2 at my school.

--
Robert Arkiletian