[K12OSN] is dhcp on port 1067 necessary?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 2 00:11:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 12:04, Rob Owens wrote:
> well, I'm embarassed.  The trouble I was having is
> that when I tried to boot knoppix, it failed.  But it
> looks like I might not have enough ram for that.  I
> booted knoppix into text mode and it worked fine.
> eth0 got an IP address on port 67 and I was able to
> ping.
>
> Thanks for inspiring me to try it again.

If you haven't tried it already, note that machines that
don't have enough RAM to run a local Knoppix desktop can
still work as a thin client.  After the text-mode boot
you can 'X -query server' to log in.  This works well
with laptops with pcmcia cards that won't boot over the
network.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com