[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon May 2 20:01:37 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, May 02, 2005 at 12:48 PM +0000 wrote:
>Failed to retrieve NFS exports from 207.160.224.226 :
>
>rpc mount export: RPC: Unable to receive; errno =
>Connection refused
>
>Maybe there is no NFS server running

You either have it firewalled off or you don't have it in the hosts.allow
file.  I had this error when I set it my server this year, but it was easy
to work through...don't get discouraged....judging from this
error....you're almost there.  For future reference...when setting up FC
from now on....turn all firewalls off along with SELinux....during the
installation...and then go from there...you can turn it on
selectively...later.  PS...I mentioned in my other post about
hosts.allow....I checked and my hosts.allow file on my Samba/LDAP server
is empty...yours on the main server might need some tweaking if it is also
a K12LTSP server.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School