[K12OSN] Authenticating From an OSX Server

Selzler, Bruce SelzlerB at esuhsd.org
Wed May 4 16:08:26 UTC 2005

Hello Team,

I've been watching the thread on authenticating against an LTSP server,
but I would like to do the exact opposite.  I would like my LTSP servers
to authenticate from our OSX server.

Our OSX server, Panther soon to be Tiger, hold all of our student
accounts as well as many teacher accounts.  I would like to be able to
log into any LTSP or Windows computer on campus and have that users OSX
directly mounted and accessible automatically.

Since OSX is basically Unix I would think this should be possible, but
it's a bit beyond my knowledge at this point.  At least without a ton of
"hunting and pecking" for the right solution.  I'd rather do it right
the first time.

Is anyone doing this?  Is there any documentation for this?  Can someone
point me in the right direction here?

Let me know what you think.

- Sez