[K12OSN] IceWM and some KDE apps

Christopher Butler cbutler at shoreschool.org
Wed May 4 19:18:48 UTC 2005

Thanks for the quick response.  In the meantime, I kept searching the
internet and finally found someone who was getting the same error message
when trying to do something with Konquerer.

He tried running "klauncher" from a terminal window which complained and
told him to run "kdeinit" which complained, but did the trick for him.
So, I tried the same thing.

1.  "klauncher" does NOT want to be run from a terminal window.
2.  "kdeinit" complains that it thought that something was already
running, but ends with success.

After running "kdeinit" I can go back to kstars and the right-click
feature works so I can download pictures (no more klauncher errors).

Obviously, this is a solution, but not a good one.  So, my question now
is, how do I get kdeinit to run correctly on login?

Thanks,
Christopher Butler
Director of Technology
Shore Country Day School