[K12OSN] printers sometimes "dies", anyone have a recipe

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri May 6 00:57:47 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Thursday, May 5, 2005 at 7:08 PM +0000 wrote:
>    I have seen a couple occasions were one or more printers have
>"stopped"
>in the CUPS web interface ,,and after clicking on "start" then several
>pages
>spew out,,but then in time one or two printers dies,,thereafter and no
>ques,are being shown for the printers,all that can be done is a reboot of
>the server, then life is good again:(.

I've seen a few occassions a couple of years ago where improper paper size
(many linux systems default on A4 and not US Letter) caused things to
seize up....only a reboot would solve it.  Once I went in and made sure
the default was US Letter in everything....it was fine.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us