[ok-mail] [K12OSN] TeacherTool question

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri May 6 02:09:06 UTC 2005

The needed passwords for teachertool to launch the vnc reflector at
least is the users password. Since this is not feasible since each
user has different passwords then the root password is the only one
that can override. At least this is my take on the situation although
David Trask would be the one to ask. One other option (if it will work
at all) is trying to add the teacher to the sudoers list and adding
teachertool tothe app list. Never done this but it's the best I can
come up with. I'm the only one who uses it at my school for this exact
reason. I don't tend to advertise this feature either as the root
password is not something to share.

--
Robert Arkiletian