[K12OSN] TES: Ditching Microsoft can save millions

John Ingleby john at coronet.co.uk
Fri May 6 08:52:58 UTC 2005

You might like to read this article appearing in today's Times
Educational Supplement, Britain's leading educational weekly newspaper:

http://www.tes.co.uk/2094985

The article covers a government study that reveals how using open source
software "raises the prospect of millions of pounds of savings for
British schools and colleges which spend around £1 billion a year on
ICT."

A big "thank you" to the open source community, and especially to
K12LTSP and LTSP, for all the pioneering hard work that has demonstrated
the benefits of open source. We will continue to do our best to bring
open source values as well as software to our schools and colleges in
UK.

John Ingleby