[K12OSN] Problem with 2 users on Kubuntu and question?

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Mon May 9 12:08:51 UTC 2005

Richard/n wrote:

> I read of a problem adding a 2nd user to Kubuntu on another list.
> Can someone who is running Kubuntu, and can make a good backup, give
> this a try:  create a 2nd user and see if you can work with it?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.

I had a kubuntu box up for awhile with a second user. I don't have it
still so I can't doublecheck but I don't recall having any particular
problem with it. I remember that the things going on under the sheets
were quite different than what you might expect with a redhat based
distro but that just comes from it debian heritage I expect. I wasn't
really impressed with it (explaining why it no longer exists) but I
don't recall any particular problem either - at least in that regard.
The only real problem I had was getting it to run on the hardware I had
available (which I did eventually resolve).

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us

Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable
events occur with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and
no one is given credit.
     -Nigel Cunningham