OT-hijacked. . .Re: [K12OSN] Solving the bandwidth bottleneck

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue May 10 20:03:47 UTC 2005

> I have two NICs in a server, one on a public IP and one on a
> private one
> and they are both connected to the same switch. . . is this really a
> problem?
>
> Don't seem to be from here. . .

As far as know this definitely breaks more than a couple networking
rules :-)

If it is working I hate to say change it as the general rule is "if it
ain't broke don't fix it".  But you may want to fix that.

You should never have 2 networks propogating the same switch.  This
should cause major slowdowns and collisions, if not more.