OT wandering mouse, was Re: [K12OSN] Adding another server as backup.

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed May 11 09:59:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 10:41 +0000, Martin Woolley wrote:

-big snip-

> problem with that client (eg a mouse is stolen ...
				^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Among the interesting load balancing stuff you dropped this gem about
your mouse problems.  That's some serious stuff - I'd only heard about
kids taking the mouse's ball out before now :-(

I don't know if it's an option for you to stop this problem by investing
in some industrial trackballs that can be set into the bench/desk top,
or ditto industrial trackpads.  Alternatively, you could look at a
keyboard combo that I use all the time, a Logitech "New Touch" wherein
the ergonomic keyboard has a trackpad built into the wrist rest.
Failing all of the above (on price or availability) you might look into
getting some stand-alone track pads to replace the mouse and have your
maintenance staff screw them to the desks.  Just some ideas that could
save you hassle and money in the long run.  HTH.

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester