[K12OSN] Adding another server as backup.

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 10:44:56 UTC 2005

What happens if you throw another DHCP server in there
that doesn't hand out kernels?  By what you're saying
it sounds like it would not cause any conflicts, and
that each ltsp client would still be able to get a
kernel because only ltsp servers (and not the plain
DHCP server) would respond to the kernel request.  Is
that right?  If so, it sounds like the port 1067
option is not necessary for integrating ltsp into a
network with a pre-existing, untouchable DHCP server.

-Rob

--- Martin Woolley <sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk>