[K12OSN] standalone spyware / content filter -- need suggestions

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 15:05:15 UTC 2005

I've heard a few package names mentioned, like
Dansguardian, but I was wondering if somebody could
suggest the easiest one to use.  The goal is mostly to
stop spyware.  It will be a standalone box that
doesn't need to run any other apps.  Perhaps there's
even a distro out there that is specifically designed
for this kind of thing, I don't know.  Any help would
be appreciated.  I've never set one of these things
up, so I'd prefer something that is 90% effective but
intuitive to set up, over something that is 95%
effective but difficult to configure.

Thanks

-Rob

Yahoo! Mail