[K12OSN] New FC3 server, how to export /home correctly?

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu May 12 04:38:26 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Jim Kronebusch <jim at winonacotter.org> wrote:
> I just wonder what problems you will have in the future with adding or
> removing users.  Maybe someone out here has a suggestion to writing a
> cron or how to use rsync to keep those files updating automagically
> without you having to copy those files out to 5 servers everytime you
> change/add/remove a user.

I haven't done it yet but I just ran across this webmin module that
should do it Jim.

Cluster Users and Groups
http://www.webmin.com/download/modules/cluster-useradmin.wbm.gz
Create, update and delete users and groups across multiple servers.
Unlike NIS, each server has its own passwd and group files which are
remotely updated by this module.