[K12OSN] Open Souce Geography Application

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu May 12 15:31:47 UTC 2005

A few of our teachers have used World Geograph on OS9 here for the last
80 years.  Next year we are banning the use of anything that doesn't run
native in OS 10.4 for Mac and pushing to run Linux where possible.

So I guess the main features that they use are simple geographical maps
that they can export to an image file for inserting into presentations,
and being able to get simple details on regions and cities like average
climate, population, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions, I hope to only be able to find alternatives
for free in Linux.  But I'll even take suggestions for apps under OS
10.4.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department