[K12OSN] Sound issues+ ATA raid trouble

Trond Mæhlum trond at mahlum.biz
Thu May 12 19:10:02 UTC 2005

I have some problems with sound and esd. Sound only works for the first
person who logs into the terminal. The second login gets no sound at
all. If person number two reboots the terminal, sound is ok, until Mr.
Three comes along. Then there's no sound again until the terminal is
rebooted.

I haven't seen this before.

Another thing, I have a new box. It's a HP DL330. It has an CSB6 ULTRA
ATA Raid controller. Fedora Core3/K12LTSP4.2 can't find it during
install. Kubuntu finds it, but Debian Sarge does not.

HP has support for RH8 only for this controller, and I haven't found
anything to help me install FC3 on this box. Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Trond Maehlum