[K12OSN] Videos on thin clients

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 13 03:56:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 08:52, Shawn Powers wrote:
> keith wrote:
> > How would one watch videos on thin clients? We have a fedora core 2 -
> > K12LTSP setup at our school in Cape Town.
>
> I installed mplayer-plugin on our server -- and it has been wonderful.
> I'm sorry I dont' remember if I compiled it from source or what -- but I
> don't think it's included in the standard yum archives (although perhaps
> it should!)
>
> It's worth the effort, because it integrates perfectly with firefox.

Rpm.livna.org contains a repository of things that have some
risk of violating patents in the US.  If you follow the instructions
at: http://rpm.livna.org/configuration.html
you can use yum to install your choice of xine, mplayer, totem
or videolan-client (for FC1/2).  Only xine seems to be done
for FC3 (and xmms-mp3).
Repository contents: http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/

--
  Les Mikesell