[K12OSN] SquidGuard Help

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:19:47 UTC 2005

Maybe something in my squidguard howto will help...
http://www.lafayette.lib.la.us/tech/squidguardhowto/

If anyone is reading this that can change the page on the wiki, can
you please update the link to my howto (I'm now at a different library
and hosting the how-to there), thanks:
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/WebFiltering

Vermilion Pairsh Library's switch to SquidGuard How-To

On 5/16/05, Mark Sarria <mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us> wrote:

> This is my environment :
>

> I am working on getting squidGuard to work, and I am having a problem with
> filtering. It's Not Doing It. I don't think my DB is updating the list
>

> I have one fedora core 3 LDAP server doing authentication, and also web
> filtering using squidGuard. We are running windows 98 and XP , Mac OS9 and
> 10.2 client computers. This is a high school, so there are certain sites the
> students will need access to like sex education sites and sexual transmitted
> disease sites. We have a router that does DHCP and is our Gateway to the
> internet. Our school district purchased Websense to filter our entire
> district. So when I try to connect to a page I get Websense block and not my
> block.
>

> When I enter a site on my blocked-list, It connects me right to it or shows
> me the connection failed Error message. So the sites on my list are not
> being blocked.
>

> Can you help?

Adam Melancon
Work: http://www.lafayette.lib.la.us