[K12OSN] intergrating k12ltsp

mike webb mwebb at addisonboot.com
Tue May 17 16:42:26 UTC 2005

  what i have now:

a dsl modem that acts as a dhcp server, our address range is
192.168.3.10 – 192.168.3.255

the dsl modems address is 192.168.3.7

an as400 mainframe that we connect to via frame relay,its address is
10.0.0.2 , it has a gateway address of 192.168.3.1. all the windows
machines that must be able to reach the as400 and the internet have a
little batch file that i created to run on startup. the batch file reads
as so.

route add 0.0.0.0 192.168.3.7

route add 10.0.0.2 192.168.3.1

what i've added lately:

one of the ethernet lines from the dsl modem runs into eth1 of an
k12ltsp server, it gives the server an “outside” address of
192.168.3.208. coming out of eth0 is a line which runs to a switch and
branches out to 4 other computers, all of these computers are running
cygwin.

the installation of the k12ltsp is totally stock, so eth0 is set to
192.168.0.254. and it hands out the ip addresses for the 4 terminals

we've been testing k12ltsp now for three or four weeks and thinks this
system rocks. but i have to make changes to the system that i don't
think i can't do alone. this is what i would like to be able to do. we
all need to be on one network 192.168.3.*** . the k12ltsp server has an
address of 192.168.3.208, it has no internal ethernet card. every
computer within our factory can access the k12ltsp server via cygwin we
would use the command xwin -query 192.168.3.208. as cygwin starts up the
k12ltsp server needs to be able to tell cygwin that to reach the
internet go out thru 192.168.3.7 but to reach address 10.0.0.2 (as400)
go out thru 192.168.3.1. with windows i use the route add command, were
do i put that in ltsp ?? if i can get that to work then ibm has some
software that will allow me to do 5250 terminal emulation on linux, i
could load that program in and access the as400 with an ltsp terminal.

does anyone think they can help me or perhaps know a better way to do
this ???