[K12OSN] Request for articles (personal request)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed May 18 05:46:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:55:11PM -0400, Shawn Powers wrote:
> Sorry for my recent spamming of the list...
>
> My superintendent just asked me for a list of articles regarding
> businesses, governments, states, schools, colleges, other countries,
> personal education success stories, etc that have moved to OSS and or
> Linux.  *HE* wants to present to the school board at our Monday board
> meeting.

If you hit the "Edu" filter on the "Reasons to Avoid Microsoft" page that
I run on my local LUG's website, you'll hopefully find some useful stuff:

  http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/?filter=edu

The "Linux/OSS" filter is pretty good, too, though not specifically
to do with schools:

  http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/?filter=linux

> I have been doing some off-the-cuff research, and found recent things
> like Peru's government and the UK report, but would you folks mind
> bombarding me (offlist, please) with as many articles, links, etc
> that you can?  This is a chance for OSS evangelism to come FROM
> someone other than me in my district, so I want arm the super (also
> my boss) as well as I can.

Of course, if I see anything good here in response to your request, I'll
probably add it to my page above. >:^)

> Thank you very, very much,

Good luck!!!

-bill!