[K12OSN] Upgrade to Hyperthreading

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Thu May 19 02:24:47 UTC 2005

On May 18, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Shawn Powers wrote:

> Just make sure to use an -smp kernel,

I guess I should specify that that can be done on boot -- an smp
kernel should be an option when the computer first boots up.  Making
it the default varies based on the distrobution.  I think most new
grub installs (grub being the bootloader, the thing where you select
the kernel to boot from) will choose the last selected kernel as the
default.

Please, someone with more grubby experience confirm or deny this,
-Shawn