[K12OSN] kdeinit overload

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu May 19 14:40:53 UTC 2005

I have trouble with kdeinit: kded consuming all the processing resources
after a time and bringing my system to a crawl.  Perhaps a question for
the KDE list, but everyone here is so knowledgeable, I thought I'd pick
your collective brain matter first ;-)

EXPLANATION:
I run Xfce4 on my k12ltsp 4.2.0 setup because I've come to like it and
because the poor ol' thing is only a PII450 Xeon and doesn't need the
overhead of bloated WM like Gnome or KDE. However, I am really hooked on
KPPP and run that as my dialup daemon.  Trouble is that I see it often
end up using up to 90% of processing resources for extended periods
until I kill kded.  Picking off this one process allows the other
kdeinit processes (that KPPP requires) to keep running and brings my
system back to a total 5-10% load.  Since the daemon doesn't seem to be
doing anything useful, has anyone got any clues as to what's happening
here.

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester