[K12OSN] email for each user

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue May 24 22:10:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 17:05, Tim Litwiller wrote:

> If your connection is down email will bounce. But if you can setup a
> second email server and a backup mx server it can go there instead. I'd
> recommend that it be hosted on a seperate network if you go that route
> so they aren't both down.

Mail doesn't bounce immediately if your server is down.  The sending
server will queue it and attempt to send periodically, so you have to
be down a few days before anything would be lost. Having a backup MX
server can avoid even that, but you have to be careful these days to
make sure that the backup server knows all of your user names or it
will accept and forward a lot of undeliverable spam which will cause
trouble as you try to return it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com