[K12OSN] email for each user

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Tue May 24 22:17:02 UTC 2005

Tim Litwiller wrote:
> I'd recomend getting SME server from www.contribs.org but that is optional.
>
> Here is what you'll need to do. Change your email forwarding for your
> domain to point to your mail server as the mx record. Then setup all the
> user accounts and aliases.
>
> If your connection is down email will bounce. But if you can setup a
> second email server and a backup mx server it can go there instead. I'd
> recommend that it be hosted on a seperate network if you go that route
> so they aren't both down.
zoneedit.com (and probably many others) can handle your domain name and
act as a backup mail server for a minimal cost($11/domain/year).  I use
this for my home SME server that is on a dynamic ip.  If my broadband
goes down, zoneedit receives mail for my domain and delivers it when
broadband comes back up.