[K12OSN] SAMBA/LDAP install problems

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Wed May 25 22:52:45 UTC 2005

Hey!  This is an opportunity to draft testers if ever I saw one.

Steve, hi.  As Dave points out, I had some issues with the script,
mainly in the rpm checking department, so I took a stab at rewriting it
to be more distro-agnostic.

I'm attaching v. 0.1 to this email. Unpack, cd into the directory, and
run ./smbldap-installer (and if you have problems, let me know).

A few points before you run it:

1.  Use APT or YUM to install smbldap-tools, openldap-servers, and
samba, nfs-server (if using NFS for homedirs), and nscd  (These repos
should make sure all dependent rpms are installed)
2.  Make sure smbldap-populate is in your path (by typing:  which
smbldap-populate).  If it is not, search for the file and add the
directory that it is in to your path (by typing:  export
PATH=/path/to/smbldap-populate:$PATH)
3. Run the script

Hopefully, all will go well.  If not, please attach the
smbldap-install.log file that gets created to your next post.

Cheers,

-Gadi