[K12OSN] Mac mini as a terminal...any caveats?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue May 31 16:28:18 UTC 2005

> hold the N key down.. awesome) -- I'm curious if sound, local
> usb, etc
> works on PPC clients.  I tried to get sound working, to no avail, so
> before I keep poking, I figured I'd ask if it was part of the
> PPC image.

As far as I can attest, no.  I tried for awhile to get sound to work,
had a few suggestions, but lost spare time for testing.  If you get it
working let me know.  My thought was to load a local PPC distro, say
Ubuntu, then grab the sound driver from there and stuff it into the PPC
directory on the server.  But I don't know enough about how to do that,
and ran out of time to learn.

I haven't even attempted USB support yet, but I imagine it is not there.