[K12OSN] Good AMD 64 bit system recomendations?

Mark Gumprecht gumprechtm at msln.net
Mon May 2 16:41:57 UTC 2005

It's not AMD, but my dell rep gives me good deals on power edge 800
servers. The one I did last week I put centos 4 x86_64 on and it runs
great. The bios raid is intel so the raid is incompatible. But the new
ones are software anyways, so linux could raid it for you. I ordered
mine with 2 250gb sata drives and disconnected one to use as a spare
incase of failure. Centos 4 runs with no problems. I installed BackupPC
onto it and it has been doing fine. Next week I'm going to look into
boxbackup that someone on this list suggested for secure, over the
internet, backup of my backupPC's.
Mark