[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 2 17:32:10 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:48, richard ingalls wrote:
> OK, well there's a new one: gshadow.  Before (when it
> was RH8, I didn't copy that file over to the other
> servers)...  BUT, now I'm trying to mount /home using
> webmin and I get this error message:
>
> Failed to retrieve NFS exports from 207.160.224.226 :
>
> rpc mount export: RPC: Unable to receive; errno =
> Connection refused
>
> Maybe there is no NFS server running
>
> What is going on?  All of this just used to work
> before, no problems.  Now it is the computer network
> from Hell!

Did you enable firewalling on your nfs server?  Sounds
like nfs isn't running (service nfs restart) or your
firewall is blocking it.  If nfs is running, try going
to system settings/security level and disable the firewall
and selinux to see if that fixes things.

> Microsoft is starting to look much more
> friendly all of a sudden.

Microsoft has plenty of way to screw things up too.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com