Re: [K12OSN] RAID5 so slow?

I have Intel hardware RAID controller with SCSI disks. Even more, it is 64bit IntelĀ® RAID Controller SRCZCR.
( http://www.intel.com/design/servers/buildingblocks/srczcr/index.htm )

Data measured against Adaptec 32bit SCSI controller.

From: Chris Thomas <cwt137 yahoo com>
What makes Raid 5 so slow is that it takes a lot of
cpu power to calculate the checksum on the fly. I
assume you are doing software raid 5, which makes it
even slower. I would get a pci raid controler that has
hardware raid support (not all pci raid cards are
hardware based raid controllers). This will make Raid
5 much faster. But it will never be as fast as Raid0.