Re: [K12OSN] OpenOffice vs. Microsoft Office

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:25:33AM -0700, Rob Owens wrote:
<snip>
> It also can read and save Microsoft
> formats, if you need that.  It does this perfectly
> most of the time, but I have seen some
> excessively-formatted Word docs that when opened in
> OpenOffice, the formatting was not exactly the same.

Heh, and don't let a little issue like that be an argument
against OpenOffice.org.  From what I've heard, some versions of
MS Word have difficulty opening files from some other versions.
(If anyone's got a data point to actually back UP my claim, that'd
be helpful ;^) *hint!*)

<snip>
> If clipart is all you're really looking for, I suppose
> you could use MS clipart in an OpenOffice document,
> presentation, etc.  You just have to find it.
> Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't played with it much, don't know how extensive it is
compared to any clipart that might come with MSWord or MSOffice,
nor have I played with it under OpenOffice.org, but there's
also the OpenClipArt.org collection. :^)

-bill!