[K12OSN] Simple Setup

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed May 4 17:43:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 11:43, Santiago, Nicholas wrote:

> Looking to do a simple FC3 server setup, somewhat like an SME Server. Web,
> email, FTP, Windows domain. I'm probably missing some really easy howto, but
> if you guys know of any, please direct me.

The SME server has nearly identical (but outdated) programs providing
services.  You can do all the same and more with Fedora but you
have to work with each program's configuration separately instead of
using the web administration interface that is included with the SME
server (and which makes it hard to update the system...).  You might
like to use webmin for most of the setup.  If you started with a
k12ltsp installation, you should have an 'install additional software'
folder on the desktop and one of the choices should be 'Get webmin'.
Do that, then https://your_server:10000.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com