[K12OSN] IceWM and some KDE apps

I have discovered KStars!  And I want to show it to one of our science
teachers, but I am trying to restrict all the clients to IceWM (instead of
KDE or Gnome).

Anyway, KStars runs okay, but when I right-click on a star and try to open
an image, I get an error that says
"Could not start process Can't talk to klauncher"

So, any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,
Christopher Butler
Director of Technology
Shore Country Day School